Recordings and resources for the Cyber-Sneakers Workshop are now available on the WVLS website and WVLS YouTube Channel.
Please enjoy and share!
WVLS Communications Coordinator
Managing Your Digital Footprint without Falling Prey to Cyber Sneakers
Part 1 Discussion Recording: Digital Citizenship, Privacy and Ethics Are Complicated; Libraries can help!
Part 2 Speaker Recording: Erin Berman of the San Jose Public Library presents the SJPL Virtual Privacy Lab.
Part 3 Speaker Recording: Rhinelander Chief of Police Michael Steffes presents "Designing Library Sponsored Cyber-Sneakers Programs."
- Ted Talk: The Heart of Digital Citizenship by Anne Collier
- Ted Talk: The Challenges of Raising a Digital Native by Devorah Heitner
- Cyber Sneakers Morning Discussion Starters
- San Jose Public Library: Virtual Privacy Lab
- American Library Association: Tips for Smart Social Networking & A Guide to Good Digital Citizenship
- Wisconsin Department of Justice: Protect Kids Online- Ready-to-print brochures, podcasts, videos, and resources for Online Safety Tips for Parents and Children
- Wisconsin Libraries: WI Dept. of Justice Launches Internet Safety Podcast
- Citizenship in the Digital World by Boni Hamilton
- Internet Safety Toolkit: Center on Media and Child Health
- 3 Tips to Raising Digital Natives (Video Blog): Safe, Smart & Social Teaching Students How to Shine Online
- 10 Tips for Digital Citizens' Parents: NetFamilyNews.org
- Teens, Social Media, and Privacy: Pew Research Center
- Facebook's New App for Kids Creates Privacy Concerns: Advertising Age